There is so much that Hypnotherapy can assist with. Hypnotherapy is a form of psychotherapy and is something that needs to be experienced to be understood. It can be described as an experience, in which a person is guided through a process, into deep relaxation, known as 'trance' which at this level, the subconscious mind is highly receptive to suggestion, in order to produce positive outcomes, to perceptions, thoughts and behaviour.
How it affects the Emotional & Mental energy body.
Things that have happened in the past create a memory. We can not remember every single experience that we have experienced consciously therefore it is coded and then stored in the subconscious. So if there is memory of an experience that has been coded and suppressed below consciousness, they are either positive or negative. In releasing these thoughts and feelings associated with the experience it can therefore sever the energetic connection from the emotional body, allowing new conscious understanding of the event or experience in the mental body therefore creating new patterning in the emotional and mental body.
How it affects the Brain and brain waves.
When we are in our conscious awake state, we are in 'beta". Beta is associated with alertness, concentration and problem solving or task orientation. Alpha is the state you first enter into during hypnosis. It is associated with daydreaming, creative thought, and relaxation with feelings of calmness. This state is commonly known to be entered into during various types of meditations. Alpha is the bridge between Beta and Theta state. Theta is the phase that is entered into before dreaming occurs. In this state there is awareness in detachment that occurs from your environment. The brain waves have slowed down to a trance like state, where this is where it is said that the subconscious is reached. Theta waves are associated with inspiration, illumination with immense creative power, and can be profoundly spiritual. Because you are still aware in this state, you are able to be brought back to full conscious state easily.
The Reticular Activating System. (RAS)
At the base of the brain, resides a cluster of nerves, known as the RAS. Its function is to regulate breathing and rhythms of the body. It is also responsible for filtering messages that run to and from the conscious brain. When a person closes their eyes to go into hypnosis this already creates a reduction in stimuli to the RAS, therefore lowering brain wave activity, Coupled with further techniques, this is how an effective trance like state is reached.
The RAS is also involved with habit formation, therefore repeated sessions of hypnotherapy will condition the RAS to respond quicker and deeper to hypnosis. Therefor it can be trained to create new habits and goals and is considered to play a role in attracting towards ourselves new behaviours, habits, goals, or achievements.
So after reading the above and still wondering whether you could go into hypnosis
- Hypnosis can only be facilitated with anyone who has the desire to focus their attention, therefore it is really yourself that is putting yourself into this state of hypnosis where you will be open to follow suggestions.
- For those who are concerned they are being controlled or will lose control, let me assure you that you will only go into hypnosis under your own control of thoughts to fully experience and be guided into deeper states of relaxation.
- If you are under the impression that only the weak minded can go into hypnosis, please let me remove that myth, and inform you that to be effective, a high ability to focus and concentrate is necessary to be able to follow suggestions. To add on this, nothing can be expressed or released without your own personal selective mechanisms in this state without your permission.
- Another myth is you need to be in a deep state of trance for it to be effective. Everyone is different and will experience hypnosis differently, how ever over time, after a few sessions it will become easier to go into deeper states.
- You are always conscious of what is going on even in these deeper states of relaxation.
Hypnotherapy can assist you with
Session is for 1.5 hours
Follow Up Consultation:
Session is for 1 hour
ONLINE SESSIONS AVAILABLE